Just in time for the Halloween season! These pancakes are simple, delicious, and allergen-friendly.
Not only are they gluten-free and grain-free but they also incorporate pumpkin, which is an excellent source of vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin K, iron and dietary fiber and a good source of vitamin E, pantothenic acid, magnesium and other minerals. They are also high in protein, making them a satisfying breakfast or snack option.
Decorating them like a jack-o-lantern with dried and fresh fruits is a great way to make them more festive and fun for the entire family this October.
- 6 eggs
- ¾ cup pumpkin (canned or fresh)
- 1½ tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon OR 1 drop cinnamon essential oil
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice or nutmeg OR 1 additional drop cinnamon, 1 drop ginger, & 1 drop clove essential oil
- 3 Tbsp coconut flour
- 2 Tbsp 100% maple syrup (optional)
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 TBSP ghee or coconut oil
- Dried and fresh fruits such as dried cherries, raisins, apples, and your other favorites.